Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Ham Balls


My youngest brother is super picky and won't eat turkey. So, for holidays my mom makes ham balls instead. My 12 year-old (extremely picky eater) LOVES this recipe. This is the recipe that she uses.

1 ¼ Pound Ground Ham
1 ½ Pound  Hamburger
1 C. Ketchup
2 Tbls. Cider Vinegar
1 ½ C.  Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. Milk
1 Tbls. Dry Mustard
2 Eggs
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 350°.

In large bowl combine first 5 ingredients and mix well.
Using 1/3 cup measure, shape into balls and place into a 13X9 pan.
Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over the balls.
Bake for 50-60 minutes.

If you don’t have ground ham sometimes the butcher at the grocery store will grind it, or I cut the ham into small cubes and grind in my food processor. If I use my food processor I just put the other 4 ingredients in to mix (If you put wet ingredients with cubed ham to grind it will be less pressure on your grinder).


No comments:

Post a Comment