Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Turkey Noodle Soup on Mashed Potatoes

I am totally addicted to this recipe. Such a wonderful comfort food. Great way to use up leftover turkey.

I make my turkey in a Renolds Wrap Oven Bag.
I mix butter and Litehouse Freeze-Dried Poultry Herb Blend and put it under the skin.
I coat the turkey inside and out with salt, pepper, and garlic.
In the bag I place diced celery, carrots, and onions.

After the turkey is cooked remove meat from the bones. In a large crockpot, pour the juice from the Renolds Bag, the veggies, the gibblets, neck, and bones. Let it cook until all of the meat is off the bones. Pull the bones, neck, and anything else not wanted out of the crockpot. Divide stock into as many containers needed and freeze. When you are ready to make the turkey noodle soup remove one frozen container from the freezer. Place stock into a pot and pour in equal amount of water or it will be too think and salty. When it is boiling add in Reames Egg Noodles and cook as directed on the package. When the noodles are finished place on top of mashed potatoes and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment